Wednesday 7 November 2012

Reading Families - The Davies Family


The Davies Family - Here are the latest reviews from our Reading Families:


Joanne Harris - Chocolat
Review by Steph Davies
I love all of Joanne Harris's novels, but this has to be the most iconic and beautifully translated onto film. Makes you want to go to that village in France.

Little Women - Lousie May Alcott
Review by Steph Davies
A fabulous portrayal of four very different sisters; my favourite was always Jo who gets her man - and her book published in the end!

Philip's Reference World Atlas
Review by Steph Davies
I can spend hours pouring over this, looking for places I've heard of but not sure where they are, finding capital cities etc.



Jane Austen - Pride and Prejudice
Review by Steph Davies
Probably my joint favourite book of all time, have read it lots of times and will no doubt read it many times more; a true classic.

Snow Falling on Cedars - David Guterson
Review by Steph Davies
My joint favourite book of all time, along with Pride and Prejudice; a slow building mystery, very atmospheric, beautifully written.


Just So Stories - Rudyard Kipling
Review by Steph Davies
Loved having this read to me when I was younger; Kipling is the master story teller.




Love in the Time of Cholera - Gabriel García Márquez 

Review by Steph Davies
Magical, mystical, strange; I'm never quite sure I fully understand Marquez's novels, but I love them all the same. This is a true love story if ever there was one.

Shame - Salman Rushdie
Review by Steph Davies
Brilliant allegory of a troubled country. One of Rushdie's earliest but best novels.

The Importance of Being Earnest - Oscar Wilde
 Review by Steph Davies
Who cannot resist a touch of Wilde to make you laugh out loud; very clever.




No comments:

Post a Comment