Wednesday 5 September 2012


Halton's Reading Families - The Smith Family


Charlotte
Two beautiful reviews from Charlotte aged 7 who, with her Mum, is taking part in our Reading Families project.  We think they are wonderful. Thank you Charlotte :)

The Library Lion by Michelle Knudsen and Illustrated by Kevin Hawkes

I like this book because it has a lion that visit’s the library. How the lion likes to listen to the stories at the library with the children, and that they like to cuddle the lion, especially when he is sad. The lion has feelings just like us.

I like the pictures as they look like they have just been drawn. I like the way the lion is drawn big and cuddly, and the way he is shown roaring. I like the colours, especially on the books, and how the lions tongue is drawn where he licks the stamps.

Every library should have a lion.



The Minpins by Roald Dahl and Illustrated by Patrick Benson

I like this book because of the small minpins that live in the trees and fly on birds.  I don’t like the gruncher that breaths fire and is scary.  He tries to eat the little boy and the minpins.  I like the swan that Billy flies on.

I like the way the pictures show the dark and light between the forest and where Billy’s house is.  How it shows how small the minpins’ rooms are in the trees, and all the pretty birds.  Even though I don’t like the gruncher I like the way the smoke and fire hides him in the trees.

I’m glad the gruncher doesn’t live in the woods any more.




No comments:

Post a Comment